Call Today 303-578-4075
Beck, Jonson & Nolan, PC
Providing Exceptional Legal Guidance Since 1979

blog Archives

What can you do if you need to adjust your visitation time?

When you got your divorce, you had a different job and different days off. You've kept to your child custody plan, but in reality, you're not seeing much of your child. In fact, much of the time, your child is going to a babysitter or staying with your family, which doesn't give you much time with him at all.

The 3 styles of mediation: Which one is right for your divorce?

Most Colorado divorce lawyers will laud the many benefits that come from mediating a divorce. In fact, if your mediation is successful, the benefits include (1) saving a great deal of money on legal fees and court costs, (2) saving time, and (3) preventing stress and toxic emotional circumstances.

Can't pay your child support?

Life in Colorado can be unpredictable and our financial circumstances can go from bad to worse in a heartbeat. Let's say you have a well-paying job, and your $1,000 per month child support obligations are easy for you to meet. However, you need to change your job, and now you're making half as much.

Do you and your spouse need a property settlement agreement?

Your family home has been the center of your life for decades. Now that it's time to get a divorce, though, you and your soon-to-be ex-spouse need to come to a decision about who gets what. You have also amassed a large number of other items -- including art, cars, furniture and investment accounts -- which you need to divide.

Paying child support can help your Colorado custody case

Divorce is a convoluted, frustrating process. You may not have been expecting it when you were served with divorce papers. If your former spouse filed for divorce, he or she may have received temporary custody during the proceedings without any input from you. Even worse, now you're expected to pay child support for the children you rarely get to see. If your divorce is contentious, your former spouse may intentionally shorten or even cancel your visitation as means of punishing you. It can be tempting to withhold child support in that situation, but doing so could create serious legal issues for you.

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy