Call Today 303-578-4075
Beck, Jonson & Nolan, PC
Providing Exceptional Legal Guidance Since 1979

divorce Archives

Did your foreign ex take your child overseas?

An ex-spouse from a foreign country might not have the same respect for U.S. child custody laws as you do. The spouse may feel that he or she has the right to keep your children beyond the agreed-upon visitation time. The court system in the person's home country might even have supported your ex to this effect.

What factors determine child custody?

In Colorado, child custody is called "allocation of parental responsibility," sometimes abbreviated as APR. Like other divorce matters, APR can either be decided in court through litigation or outside of court through methods such as mediation. If court is making the final decision, they will base APR orders on the child's best interests using a wide array of considerations.

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy